Ryan Chew

The one from Straits Times March 2006.....
By Caroline Chia - 12 March 2006
The Straits Times
Ryan Chew, 18,
Student Height: 1.72m
Weight: 65kg

Diet: I eat food that is high in protein, such as beef and chicken. I also take protein supplements. I watch my diet a little more closely when my canoeing competitions are round the corner. During that period, I do not eat pasta, fast food or take carbonated drinks. I do not snack much. Brownies (must be Krystelle's brownies!!) are my only indulgence, but I can easily work off those extra carbohydrates with my daily exercise.

Exercise: I canoe daily for two to four hours. My mother was the one who encouraged me to canoe six years ago. I used to be a lot chubbier. After developing a love for the sport and doing well at it, I am now addicted to canoeing. I also jog 5-10km three times weekly. A few times a week, I hit the gym to work on my biceps, chest and deltoids. I enjoy the sports I do. After a long day in school, I reward myself by heading to MacRitchie to canoe."

0 comments: